Wednesday, October 5, 2016

A Simple Marketing Tip: Your Signature Matters


Something so simple yet so important. 

Your email signature says more about your company and about yourself than you think. 

Doing business by email:

 
I receive hundreds of emails per week, perhaps thousands. You might be surprised by the amount of emails I receive from people working for respectable companies without a formal company signature.

Call me old fashion but, if you are contacting me for the first time by email, you need to make a great impression. I understand that we are quite busy and so on but, an email without contact information will take you nowhere. 

If you are trying to sell me something or if you are contacting me to start a business relation with the company that I represent, you should absolutely let me know who you are. Or if you need more information about the company where I work for or about its products, you need to know that I will not be able to give you a price without knowing you. I know there is Google but, your email signature is your business card. It will make our lives easier if you provides us with some basic information.

Use your signature to marketing yourself:


Your signature is not a wasted space on your email bottom. These characters can be used smartly to marketing yourself and marketing your company. Think quickly, how many emails did you sent today? Well, your information has been exposed to all your receivers. Don't lose this opportunity.

You don't need to use anything extraordinary. In fact, I would say that the best option is to use a clean, easy to read information that might help our communication in the future.

6 steps to a useful signature:

  1. Add your first name and last name
  2. Add your role in your organization
  3. Add your contact info (office phone, mobile number, email, etc). Please, if you are in contact with people from different countries, kindly notice this when giving the phone and mobile phones number.
  4. Do you want to direct your customers to your website or to your social media channels? If so, the signature is a good place to show the links/gadgets.
  5. Make sure that your font style and the font size are good. Follow your brand book in case of using the corporate email signature.
  6. Make sure that people in your company use similar signature style.

No comments:

Post a Comment