Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Keep Calm And Carry On



The year is ending and this means that I am in a hurry. This year has been extremely busy anyway but, when talking about work “closing the year” means that you need to push the pedal to get the final deals; get all your results as well as the reports for 2015 and to prepare the preliminary estimations for the next one (including Excel tables, Word documents, budgets, updating the info in the documents management tools and CRM, etc.) Ahh! Don’t forget the meetings, or the trainings.

In personal terms I should not forget myself. I am in a hurry to achieve my personal goals, too. It is about time to brush the dust and re-check those New Year resolutions.

I feel like I have no time to get all the things done. I have been in this situation before and I know I will survive…but it is hard to prioritize if everything is important or urgent or if everything has a deadline which is approaching.
 
This image is not mine, just found it on Google. Credits to the owner. Mr. Unknown?


In my “Keep Calm And Carry On” approach I wrote some good reminders for myself, or better to say, some survival tips:


  • Do not panic, it will only make your life worse than now. In addition, doing things under panic only produce poor results.
  • Remember to breathe (or to scream, whatever works for you).
  • Be thankful. If you are busy at work, remember that there is a lot of people unemployed. 
    • Many companies are not selling at all, so, if you are full of work, you are very lucky. 
    • If you are busy in meetings it means that people still want to see you.
    • If you are busy in training means that you are worth the investment.
  • Make decisions. Don’t postpone this, if you need to decide, just do it. If the decision is not yours, push the decision maker until you get answers. It does not help waiting.
  • Select realistically the things you can get done. Be realistic with the schedule, too.
  • Forget the caffeine, energy drinks, or anything which is sold as energy booster. You are just poisoning yourself.
  • Keep the balance: eat healthy, sleep enough and exercise. I know it sounds easy but, when you are stressed and busy this is the first thing that you cut. 
  • Share time with people. Do not isolate during the busy time, share time with family and friends.
 
Too busy to go for a walk?
…and if this does not work, I suggest wine and chocolate.

What about you, are you facing the same circumstances? How do you manage the busy days? Any advice?

No comments:

Post a Comment