Friday, November 20, 2015

Why To have Fun At Work? Team Motivation, Employees’ Engagement And Other Benefits Of A Fun Culture.



I am a millennial and I believe in new ways of working. I like using social media channels as sale channels, and in addition to the printed magazines, I check my prospects' Facebook videos, Instagram and LinkedIn accounts. My best memories at work are a mix of long working areas with doing something new and having fun. I remember launching products at 4:00 am and be around a bunch of smiley people. Often I am one of those who, instead of avoiding additional time with my colleagues, might arrange some dinners and get-together with them.

Is having fun at work a bad thing?

Call me a dreamer but, I believe that if you work, your job need to have some kind of purpose and enjoyment. If you spend more than eight hours a day in a place where you have no chance to smile or to have a normal chat with your colleagues, there is something weird and a bit agonizing. I do not mean that you need to have a party every Friday but, I believe that having fun at work is essential for the team motivation and therefore, a key for employees’ engagement. There are many benefits from having fun at work. Do you agree?
  
Having fun at work has helped me:
  • Building relationships with my team members as well as with other people in the organization.
  • Facilitating communication. There is nothing better to break the ice as a joke and a funny fact.
  • Ensuring team members stay synchronized. If you are the boring one, nobody will talk to you or even want to work with you.
  • Inspiring and being inspired.
  • Facing stress and difficult times.
  • Increasing productivity. Happy people = productive people.
  • Developing my creativity. Have you ever had a brainstorm with funny people? Try it!
  • Developing my work flexibility. If it is fun, it does not feel so bad to work those extensive hours.
  • Connecting with customers easily and efficiently.
As a team, sharing good times and laughing create a bond that brings the team together. This bond is stronger than the one created by complaining, because no one wants to stop the fun. If you are in manager position, create a work atmosphere in which employees feel encouraged to have fun at the same time they are productive. This will create an enjoyable corporate culture. The only result with be healthier and happier people, better results and a long queue of prospects employees looking to join your company. 

Have a fun working day!

No comments:

Post a Comment