Sunday, November 1, 2015

Muumi Pannari Kahvila: The Official Moomin Pancake Coffee Place In Kuopio



I love pancakes. Who does not?

I was visiting Kuopio city center one of these days after work, and I felt like I was too lazy to go home to cook for myself. I was not really fancying to go to a restaurant and eat all by myself, either. And then, I found a great partner in crime to share my indulgence: Moomin.

If you don’t know The Moomin family yet, let me introduce these adorable cartoons. Moomins are the main characters of the books and comic strips created by Tove Jansson. There is not childhood in Finland without it. In addition, Moomin products are very well branded and you can find almost everything, -from clothes, towels and decoration stuffs to forks and knives for the table.

Kuopio surprised me by establishing the first Moomin pancake coffee place in Europe. Location is very good, strategically near the main shopping area and close to the market. So, if you are visiting for holidays, you can just come to Kuopio city center and you will find the place easily. There you can find pancakes and other kind of coffee snacks such as pies and sandwiches. Of course, tea and coffee are also available.
 
Muumi Pannari Kahvila Kuopio
I have been there before, but this time I have the magnificent presence of Moomin itself. As I was replacing dinner with a pancake, I forced myself to eat a salty one. So, I selected the salami, tomato and cheese pancake. That is risk taking for somebody like me who believes in chocolate. 
 
This is not a pizza, it is a pancake
The pancake itself looks more like a pizza than a pancake but, it was good. Of course, the pancake has the brand price included but, I have no complains about the taste and the presentation. The service was fine, too. It looks like there was only one lady running the entire show, but it worked well in a non-rush hour visit. Food was served quickly, the place was clean and calm. Despite of Moomin being a cartoon, the place itself was decorate with a good adult taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment